The Passim Emergency Artist Relief (PEAR) Fund is accepting donations at passim.org/donate.
We currently have a waitlist of artists who applied for funding last year, and we will accept more applications once the current waitlist has been fully funded. (Questions about the status of your application? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thanks to all who have contributed to our Passim Emergency Artist Relief (PEAR) fund which has provided much-needed financial relief to musicians during the Coronavirus crisis. Established in March 2020, $147,000 has been raised to date, and grants totaling $147,000 have been distributed to over 250 artists. This has been a labor of love for all of us at Passim, and we appreciate your generosity.
To celebrate the PEAR fund, and we had a special show live from Club Passim! Featuring a live set from Hank Wonder, updates on the PEAR fund from managing director Matt Smith, and a debut of a Bruce Cockburn music video made for the PEAR fund by many local musicians. Watch the 7/18 show & special Bruce Cockburn video below.
The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted the lives of independent musicians through canceled gigs and lost revenue from in-person music lessons. Club Passim decided to close and cancel all in-person shows through the end of 2020, but is now hosting a virtual music festival: KEEP YOUR DISTANCE FEST! Passim has reached out to musicians in their community to get on the bill! Musicians practicing social distancing will post videos of themselves playing in their living room for KEEP YOUR DISTANCE FEST that will feature songs about staying calm, hope, and sticking together.
See our Youtube playlist of participating musicians here:
Mission: To assist musicians in our community who are in dire need of financial aid due to the COVID-19 pandemic, where a huge amount of musicians are losing income due to relying on a gig economy.
An outline of how funds will be used:
- Artists who have lost work due to COVID-19 can apply. They will let Passim know how much money they might have lost because of cancelled shows or teaching opportunities.
- Prerequisite for applying: artists must have played a gig for Passim (or taught in the School of Music) in the last 10 years.
- Artists will be asked if they have another reliable source of income & what percentage of their income comes through gigging.
- Artist must be willing to participate in KEEP YOUR DISTANCE Fest and share to their network of fans
- For this second round of grants, the ask of the artist must not exceed $250.
- Artists who received a PEAR grant in the first round are welcome to reapply for an additional $250 grant.
- New applications to the PEAR Fund are currently on hold as we await more funding. Applications will reopen once our current waitlist is fully funded.