Passim Finance Manager
Position Overview: This is a part-time position involving roughly 20-24 hours per week. The Finance Manager is responsible for all aspects of financial management and bookkeeping. The Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director and assists the Executive Director in ensuring compliance with all legal and other requirements. The Finance Manager also works with the Administrative Coordinator who handles some of the weekly data entry, as well as the School of Music Manager, and Club and Server managers.
- Performs all bookkeeping and financial management functions, including:
- Posting journal entries
- Processing payroll
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Managing bank and other general ledger reconciliations
- Recording and release of prepayments
- Fixed asset register maintenance including depreciation calculation
- Calculation of Cost of Goods Sold for Kitchen
- Performing month-end close process
- Integration of ticketing information from Patron Manager software into QuickBooks
- Preparing the profit and loss, balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Performs other detailed financial reporting as needed
- Manages employee paperwork and payroll, including pre-tax deductions for healthcare and 401k plan
- Works with Executive Director in budgetary management, including periodic forecasting
- Works with Executive Director and auditors in preparation of taxes and annual audit
- Manages preparation and delivery of 1099-misc forms to independent contractors
- Cultivates and maintains good working relationships with all vendors
- Works with Executive Director to manage licenses, reports, leases, and all insurances, including health, to ensure adequate coverage and minimization of risk
- Keeps track of financial and legal deadlines
- Strong nonprofit financial management knowledge, skills, and aptitude
- At least 2 years bookkeeping experience required; nonprofit and/or small office experience desirable
- Software proficiency — experience with QuickBooks, Salesforce, Microsoft Excel & Word is desirable
- Solid organizational, management and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and work within a small office environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- This position is highly flexible in schedule and in-person office time – some work may be performed remotely as needed, though some time in person at our Harvard Square office is required.
- Passim offers a 401k plan option to all employees, including a 2% employer match program
- Commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Executive Director Jim Wooster at ExecDir@passim.org. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.
Front Desk Assistant at the Passim School of Music
Seeking an enthusiastic worker to be the desk assistant for The School of Music at Club Passim. The School of Music at Club Passim is an open and highly creative environment that encourages students, most of whom are adults, to excel beyond their ability and truly hone their craft, specifically in the study of Folk, Americana, and Traditional music.
The desk assistant is responsible for the following:
- Preparing all classrooms, so that they are ready for the lesson.
- Preparing a roster of students for the instructors, and checking in students as they arrive.
- Assisting students in signing up for classes and workshops.
- Providing the instructors and students with all required materials.
- Copying and printing out sheet music, as requested.
- After the lessons are finished, resetting the rooms to the way they were and locking up.
Position to begin July 25th.
Please note The School of Music is located on the third floor of our building and, unfortunately, we do not have an elevator.
- Enthusiastic, helpful and positive attitude
- Love of music (Folk/Americana knowledge a plus)
- Weekday evening availability
- All Passim Staff must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19
How To Apply:
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to School of Music Manager Rachel Sumner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club Passim Box Office Coordinator
The Club Passim Box Office Coordinator will primarily act as the front-of-house at Club Passim concerts. They will assist the Performance Manager and manage the lobby space of Club Passim.
The major duties are as follows: Act as the on-site box office contact for Passim. Handle the selling of tickets to that evening’s performance as well as any future performances. Manage will-call for the evening. Oversee membership processing and requests for patrons. Sell merchandise for Passim as well as any merchandise available for the evening’s artist. Provide all customers with the necessary information to streamline and better their experience in the space.
Typical hours are 6:30pm-10:30pm but will vary. 6-8 shifts per month. Position to begin in July.
Pay is $14.25/hr. Other benefits include a free meal on shift from our kitchen and free entry to Passim shows.
Required: Strong customer service and organizational skills are a must as well as excellent computer, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Customer service experience required. Candidates should possess a positive, professional attitude, an attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to and work with change. Candidates must be willing to work evening and weekend hours.
Preferred but not required: Working knowledge of Passim programming. Ticketing/box office experience. Cash handling experience.
All Passim Staff must show full vaccination against COVID-19 and wear a mask during shifts.
How to apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to Club Manager Abby Altman at email@example.com.
Passim is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Thanks for your interest in joining Team Passim! We have no more job openings at this time.