Passim is looking for a motivated Administrative Coordinator with a passion for the arts to join our staff. The position is full-time and reports to the Executive Director. The job includes general office support to all staff, along with performing the typical administrative tasks required in any office. We are a small staff where teamwork and collaboration are vital.
· Carry out daily tasks such as dealing with phone-related reservations, ticketing questions and preparing school-related press materials.
· Act as the face of Passim through answering the phone and responding to routine inquiries.
· Interview and hire interns for each semester who help with all admin support.
· Perform data entry across departments, especially membership and finance.
· Set up and coordinate meetings when needed and take notes at staff meetings.
· Coordinate Passim’s membership program: track membership renewals and non-renewals, send monthly emails, brainstorm and implement new member incentives.
· Sort incoming mail and bring outgoing mail to the post office.
· Take care of office supplies.
· Assist with events, such as Passim’s free outdoor summer concert series and member concerts.
· Carry out special projects, such as research on potential donors, analysis of marketing data, and gathering music-industry information.
· Team player and friendly personality.
Send an electronic copy of your resume, cover letter and how you heard of the opening to: ExecDir@passim.org. No phone calls, please. Start date: May 1, 2020.
March 31, 2020
Based on experience.
Arts Administration Internship – Summer 2020 Semester
Passim, a nonprofit performing arts organization, offers a semester-long internship program that provides a hands-on, meaningful experience for people beginning a career in the arts administration. Interns will be immersed in the day-to-day experience of running Passim’s administrative office, including: working on social media, membership maintenance and ticketing. Interns will work closely with all Passim staff members, gaining a broad view of the organization as a whole.
– Answer the Passim phone to sell tickets and assist patrons as needed.
– Assist the Membership Manager with renewal and member services.
– Assist the Marketing Manager create and schedule posts to Passim’s social media.
– Maintain active event listings in various Boston online event listings.
– Analyze the effectiveness of Passim’s social media outlets in the context of other similar organizations.
– Create Spotify playlists.
– Complete special projects as needed.
– Strong academic performance.
– Extremely reliable, a team player, strong work ethic, a positive attitude.
– Exceptional oral, written, and listening communication skills.
– Exceptional organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
– Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive.
– Experience with social media platforms including: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Spotify, Twitter, etc.
– Basic knowledge of current music industry affairs.
– Knowledge of WordPress (a plus, but not required).
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Mariel Vandersteel at email@example.com and Cindy Howes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organization: Passim is a nonprofit arts organization located in the heart of Harvard Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. The core of our mission is to create exceptional musical experiences, nurture artists at all stages of their career, and build community. As a nonprofit since 1994, Passim carries on the heritage of our predecessors–the historic Club 47 (1958-1968) and for-profit Passim (1969-1994). We cultivate a diverse mix of musical traditions, where the emphasis is on the relationship between performers and audience and between teachers and students. Passim’s restaurant fosters community in the venue, allowing concert-goers to arrive early, dine, and even meet other attendees before the show begins.
Passim has been an important contributor to the arts community in New England, fostering both performers and audiences alike. Joan Baez and Bob Dylan received their start here, along with a host of others, including Tom Rush, Taj Mahal, Al Kooper, Peter Wolf, Patty Larkin, Bill Staines, Ellis Paul, and Suzanne Vega, to name but a few. Our Club has received numerous awards and recognition, including Top 40 Live Music Venues in the United States (Paste Magazine), Best Small Folk Venue in the United States (International Folk Alliance, 2007) and Best Live Music Bar in Boston (Boston Globe, 2011).
For more information, please visit: www.passim.org.