Passim Marketing Manager
Passim is looking for a highly motivated Marketing Manager to join its staff. The position is full-time and reports to the Executive Director. The Marketing Manager must understand the principles of membership marketing and have a strong background in database management, email marketing and social media communications. He or she will also assist with many of the development functions within the organization.
- Responsible for the organization’s messaging and brand, ensuring it speaks with one-voice in an effort to clarify, promote, and increase awareness of Passim’s mission – for both internal and external audiences.
- Oversee approval and creation of all communications and advertising, including print, electronic, and social media.
- Track open / click through rates of emails and posts and work toward using them to best serve the needs of our members.
- Work with public relations agency; actively engage and cultivate press relationships that ensure coverage of all Passim programs, special events, and public announcements.
- Correspond with press and artist management regarding upcoming performances.
- Track ticket sales and support events as much as possible.
- Support planning and rollout of special events with Executive Director.
- Create, edit and send member surveys. Collect and analyze results.
Web & Social Media
- Manage Web site; develop and report on key benchmarks, make recommendations for improvement, ensure content is up-to-date.
- Manage all social media platforms working in conjunction with all aspects of the organization; Club, School of Music, Outreach Concerts, etc. to ensure programs are being effectively and creatively promoted.
- Manage all marketing technologies: customer database (PatronManager/SalesForce), email marketing (MyEmma) and ticketing vendor (PatronManager/SalesForce). Ensure the organization is using all technologies effectively and efficiently.
- Work to set goals for membership numbers during the year, and create plans for reaching them.
- Organize member concerts to be held at homes of key supporters.
- Brainstorm and implement new membership incentives.
- Track gift certificate program.
- Conduct research on and analyze customer database to assist Executive Director with fundraising and member/donor management activities.
- Assist with fundraising events as well as Passim’s fall and spring fund drives.
- Reach out to local community groups to develop partnership opportunities.
- Assist with cultivation of local sponsors.
- Assist with interviewing, managing and utilizing interns.
Eligible candidates must possess 1 – 3 years of marketing and communications experience, ideally with a nonprofit arts organization, and covering areas such as membership, marketing, development, social media, public relations, event planning, and donor communications. Experience with fundraising a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Credentials in marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
- Ideally, candidate will possess a working knowledge of database and email marketing.
- Writing and editing experience (externally focused) with a variety of print and online media.
- Fluency in leveraging new media technologies to build and strengthen relationships.
- Accountability; managing and measuring progress, process, and results.
- Team player – ability to work closely with a small staff to achieve great results.
- Experience with Salesforce, MyEmma or other email platforms, Google Analytics and WordPress a plus.
To apply, send an electronic copy of your resume, cover letter and how you heard of the opening to ExecDir@passim.org. No phone calls, please.